Thursday, July 10, 2008

storms and death

Stirring dream part:

I'm in the backseat of a car, Christopher is there, so is the spunky little blonde supervisor girl from the store who I think is terribly cute, and someone else I don't know who is shadowy.  It's dark outside, on a street maybe with black glittering asphalt, and "it's coming!" everybody is saying, and I don't know what is, but then the tornado is approaching down the block and we all begin moaning and wailing as the force of it makes the car buoyant and start to spin and rock and we cling to each other and scream as it spins faster and the pressure all around is just terrible and the particles of us begin vibrating and at this moment
I am aware that "I am going to die, this is how it ends," and I'm on the verge of exploding but then I am absolutely serene, and I look at my fellow passengers and they're still screaming but making no sound, and I reach out and touch their faces and think "I have nothing to be sad about, I had a pretty good life," and then in an instant the scene melted away like a chalk drawing.

I am not scared of storms/tornadoes in real life, but I am scared of death.  I do not know what this means.

I'm thinking about getting my hair cut like Mia Farrow in Rosemary's Baby.  I don't know.  Will it make me look gross?  Am I too bottom-heavy
 to pull it off?  I need guidance.  Her hair is naturally curly and my hair is the least curly hair in existence, god.  We both have square jaws but her eyes are wide-set and doe-like and mine are not.  I think I just love her because she's the voice of the titular unicorn in The Last Unicorn which was my favorite movie when I was little and still is one of them today, jesus, such an enchanting voice.      

No comments: