Thursday, July 24, 2008

squeezing today artlessly out of me

The "Watchmen" trailer gives me goosebumps every time, oh damn, I'm interested to see how they've cut it and stylized the story to fit into a reasonable film length.  This better make up for that horrible pile of stinking shit that was "V for Vendetta."  I wish Moore had endorsed this one, but seeing at the butcher-jobs his other works have undergone I don't blame him for trying to get away from the whole industry.  I just hope it doesn't start a fucking trendy craze like with batman and v where they sell shitty kids' action figures and hot topic and myspace and fuck right off. 
I need to get my book back from z, who probably hasn't even read it yet.  

Today was a day where lots of things could have gone wrong, and it felt like they were going to, but they didn't.  I am like all hormotional (hormone emotions are an unfortunate result of being a lady and tuned into the moon's gravity and involve just going fucking crazy for no reason; also sounds like "whore motion" which is much more fun), I was running late to class, out of coffee, forgot my cigarettes and phone, made it to class and signed in with enough time to go get coffee from the union, ended up in a long line while one poor girl worked the counter and girls who had been in line for ages getting up the counter going "Ummmm mmm hmmm" and not knowing what they wanted, but I made it back to class right after the film started and it was a good one (Employees' Entrance, with Warren William, who is awesome).  
Then I realized I'd forgotten my black pants for office work and had to run home right after class and change, but I made it to work on time.  I really, really love my job in the office; I just wish I could work there more often.  If I didn't work all weekend at the bakery, which is the bulk of my paycheck, I'd most probably quit.  Also my bakery bosses are so fucking kind and cool to me that I can't help but love them.  I'm going to have to quit when fall classes start though.    
After work I went and bought cat food, then went to Target and bought miscellaneous needs, including a new shower curtain liner that's not covered in orange mildew and these Garlic & Rosemary Potato Crisps that are amazing.  When I paid my card was declined at first because the money I transferred has apparently not gone through, but after I took off the $15 shampoo it worked!  Which is so much less embarrassing.  

Then I was driving home on sun valley and I saw a turtle flopping his way along the shoulder of the road, and I yelled "LITTLE TURTLE!" and whipped a u-turn.  I pulled into that awesome park by the lake where joggers apparently get robbed/raped a lot and canada geese nibble lazily and regard you with disdain.  I parked, went and found the turtle, who was all like "fuck you!" but I grabbed him by the shell and toted him to the lake, where I asked if he was going to be okay, and he was like "fuck you" again and then swam off.  

Christopher's mad at me I think because I keep replying snappishly which happens when someone picks a fight with me when the moon's egging me on.  

No comments: