Thursday, July 17, 2008

not important

Today I read a comprehensive advisory article on how to dispose of a human body, and found it incredibly engaging.  I have not and will more than likely never commit murder, but as I was reading my breathing got heavy and I felt that heavy electric all-over feeling of wicked pleasure.  It is a feeling for which I practiced self-induction when I was younger, especially in 4th and 5th grade when I had an hour bus ride to school each day and thus spent long, long periods of time staring out at the rural countryside.  During these times I'd play a "game" I mentally called "Where would I hide?"  It consisted of assessing the ditches and forests and fields around the bus and deciding what location, if I were being pursued, would best conceal me.  Then there were the "long term" and "short term" categories.  I could stay in a large under-road drainpipe for a few hours, but could I camp out there and make it my home for several weeks?  If that small thicket of trees could sustain me shelter-wise, would it be too visible to a road and risk exposure?  
Anyway, with the enjoyment I have of being sneaky it's a wonder I didn't turn out a kleptomaniac; then again, I have a thick tartar of guilt buildup.  

Today a coworker might have asked me out (NOT INTERESTED).  We've been friendly so I don't want to make him feel awkward, but I also don't want to really hang out with him.  Why is it that so many younger coworkers think that, because you get along at work, you should chill all the time?  It's like being a freshman in college, where you make a million friends right away because you're all living in DORMS and you're FREE and it's just an atmosphere vibrating with excitement and openness.  Only not at all, that did not really correlate.  Awful, just awful.  

The only station the bus was ever tuned to was Froggy 98.  This is why I can still sing many of the top country songs of the '80s and '90s.  
I "steal" treat products from work when I get the notion, but it's stuff that would probably be thrown away anyway.  You know what I mean, wink wink, nudge nudge. 

I have secrets, I have so many that you don't know.     

Also I'm very drunk right now I think that's important. 

No comments: