Thursday, July 31, 2008

daddy-o

I've decided to skip class today after Experiments in Drinking Many Boozes last night; I'm kind of wide-awake but I've got this headache and while I've enjoyed almost every movie very much the sheer mass of them is kind of congealing together in my mind and I'm having a harder time drawing intelligent revelations about each individual film when it comes time to write about them.  "This movie was good.  There was a lady.  She was sexful.  The man had a sharp haircut.  There was some buffoonery.  It is much like the reading because the reading was about the movie we watched." etc.Feeling guilty now, still thinking about making some coffee strong enough to chaperone me to class and dealing with it.  It's just watching a movie in an uncomfortable chair for an hour for christ's sake.  

Had fun last night; was social.  Need to be more social.  As I was driving downtown my heart got to beating so fast from being nervous about venturing on my own into public.  I think most of my nervousness comes from being convinced that any group in which the people already know each other will have no interest in me, will ignore me, and will hate me.  I probably feel this way because it's been my experience throughout my youth.  
Spent too much money on martinis.  
Saw some people, some cool people I like.  I like to be cool.  I like that they are cool and I like that I like them.

 

No comments: