Sunday, September 14, 2008

commercials

Some commercials that make me angry:

Ore-Ida "Steam n' Mash" Potatoes.  This product is pre-peeled and cut potato chunks, frozen in a bag, that you steam in the microwave and mash yourself to make the mythical gourmet treat: mashed potatoes.  Show me someone who does not know how to peel, boil, and mash some fucking potatoes without this space-age technology, and you will be showing me someone I will punch in the face.

"Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist," a new teen-targeted movie starring Michael Cera, the formerly-charming, now-ubiquitous young stoner.  I just want to know what the fuck this has to do with William Powell and Myrna Loy.  Is it an homage, or just lazy recycling?  Either case makes me infinitely sad.  
_________________

Being busy all the time means that when I'm faced with an afternoon with nothing to do, I find myself bored and anxious.  

Get'chu some.

No comments: