Tuesday, November 18, 2008

some kind of

in the sink there is
a shattered purple
pyrex bowl

it is some
kind of
metaphor.

Are you a knee-bouncing person?  When you're stuck sitting in a place for any period of time?  That is me.  It's getting bad.  I feel like everything I'm doing is a waste of my time.  I see professors getting these sour and disappointed looks.  You know what I mean?  The worst is when, "Oh I understand the difficulties students face!  I know it's 'that time' of the semester!  Here's another paper assignment.  Reading and response due friday."
God help me if I sit next to someone who's also a knee-bouncer.  We are off, to the moon.  !

Taking great pleasure in cooking, slowly, doing things right instead of just feeding myself.  Letting the potatoes get crispy and brown, a task of patience.  Thick blades cutting fibrous vegetation.  Sweet, mellow smells on my hands for-ever, like I been finger-banging the goddess of garlic.  Leaning against the counter, reading a novel, stirring.  
It's really the only time lately when I don't feel like something's missing.  

No comments: