Tuesday, June 10, 2008

kitterpitterbees

Today I liberated two fucking awesome caterpillars from work.  They were hanging out on a parsley plant; I poked the largest one gently and two little red, gooey antennae shot out of its head like a stress toy and I fell in love.  I kept watch on them all day, there was a tiny little one too but it disappeared at some point.

I was thinking of just trying to sneak them into the wilderness, but I'm glad I took them plant & all because it turns out they are "Parsley Caterpillars," which turn into Black Swallowtails.  I hope they will do okay and nothing happens.  Apparently they overwinter in-chrysalis which is troubling but I'll do my best to be a good mom.  They are out there on their plant all nomnomnom so hopefully all is well.  I will try and take some photos later.

Someday they will hopefully turn into this: (!!!)
UPDATE: Here is a picture of them awwwwwww.  The one in focus is the big one, who's almost as fat as my pinky (keep in mind I have skinny-ass fingers).  

No comments: