Tuesday, June 24, 2008

accidentally vegetarian lately

Blaming it mainly on this roasted red pepper hummus which, when applied to toasted pita + feta + lettuce + sauteed onions and mushrooms (with Sriracha on the side for spicydips), is probably one of the most delicious and easy things I could make for myself.
I need to purpose to eat more mushrooms.  All kinds of mushrooms.  I forget how much I love them until I'm eating them but it's something I never think to buy.      
My sister has been a vegetarian for many years now, not terribly strict but it's something I'm kind of proud of since when she first started it in like middle school I was one of the ones all "ha, ha, let's see how long this lasts."  Or maybe it was my jeering that made her stick to it.  Either way, I like my sister, she has been in Florida for awhile on some retarded Christian Concentration Camp.  I usually don't think about it when I haven't talked to her in awhile but I kind of miss her.  I haven't seen/talked to my brother since he moved to Minnesota like six (?) months ago.  With the exception of my mom my family's kind of "like that."  We tight and on separate orbits.  

I like meat.  I like feeling active again.  The muscle definition is returning to my body and I feel a little bit more like myself, which is a funny thing to say since my entire life consists of this endless search for self-definition; "myself" is the abstract.  
I'd like to say the change on the wind is still coming but I think it may have been snagged on the Solstice and is lulling into the summer dreamland.  
I am not upset about this. 

No comments: