Thursday, June 5, 2008

aw hell

I am a person who devotes an embarrassing amount of time to considering what modifications I would do to my body if I had the time/sweet job to allow it.
I know what I want on my chest/shoulder area, and on my forearms.  These will both have to wait for the reasons mentioned above.  I have recently decided that a prime spot for my next tattoo is the spot on my leg about five inches above my ankle-bone on the inside.  This 3x4" spot is precisely where my calf was mistaken for a soccer ball by a Waverly girl my junior year of high school.  It hurt both of us, but I think it hurt me more, since I begged to be taken out and my coach thought it wasn't much of an injury.  Later that night the spot began to swell and continued until it looked like I was hiding half an orange under my skin.  It was somewhat like having a small, nipple-less breast on my leg, which was as interesting as it was troubling.  It hurt like fuck, and I had to wrap it in an ace bandage for weeks to get the swelling down.
Currently, that spot feels like there is some harder scar-type tissue underneath, and I have no feeling in the skin on the surface.  This is why I have tended to maniacally scratch it in my sleep for the past few years, waking up confused in bloody sheets.  (If I get tattooed there, I will tie my hands to my bed if I feel like this will be a problem.)

My only issue now is I have NO IDEA what I want etched into my skin there.  Or if it's even wise, with the scar tissue.  The fact that I can't think of any ideas for something has been troubling me, lately.  I know it's something I shouldn't force because I can't really afford it anyway, but damn, I don't even know where to start.  I was thinking of getting a Roman Owl Coin symbol (Athenian Owl), but that would make ALL of my tattoos birds which is getting a little out of hand.  Also, I was browsing the tattoo megathread on the SA forums and saw some girl bitching that someone who got an Athenian Owl on her ankle was "copying her" which means there are like a million people with that tattoo already.
I will continue to meditate upon this.  
It was a boring blog entry, thank you for staying. 

UPDATE: Some kind of beautiful arts & crafts style woman, or something with a dog/wolf/fox!

No comments: