Friday, January 23, 2009

constraints

"Chrissie,
Due to financial constraints, I will no longer be able to participate in the 2009 UNL at Oxford Program.
I truly appreciate the opportunity you've extended to me, and regret that I will not be going!
Best wishes,
Sarah"

This isn't a "feel sorry for me" post; I'm really not too disappointed.  I did not have the $800 "down payment"  today, when it was due, and I found myself not really caring.  I saw it as a way to travel/study abroad (or two) with someone holding my hand, but now I'll just have to save and travel on my own.
So, there's that.

I came home and found out the heat's been turned off in my apartment for about 3 days.  Not deadbeat-turned-off, just... manually, somehow, at some time I do not recall.  I didn't notice for the first two days.  The cats were displeased.  Now it's been running for about two and a half hours.  
  
Time to drink.  

No comments: