Saturday, August 8, 2009

august, saturday

this heat
i can see my cats' bodies
pulse and twitch with their hearts
or breathing
then realize i'm doing likewise
a throbbing creature
face shining with minerals
Artemis/Diana carved in marble
flesh soft and sticky and salt and magic
my family and i sit
fighting these ways in which
our planet attempts to kill us

I have too many chiles. Peppers (serrano, cayenne, jalapeno, etc.). So many I don't even, I don't even know. The two ways in which I can store them are "dry" and "cold," neither of which I am, so the project waits.
I was trying to write about how I'm hot, and I complain about being hot, but it really doesn't bother me anymore. I am highly and reluctantly adjustable, to anything.
This flexibility frightens me a little. Whom will I be tomorrow; in a year.

No comments: