Wednesday, August 13, 2008

tranquil

Am sitting on campus near Andrews, between the weepy Chaparral Mulberry and the Contorted European Filbert, watching and listening to the buzz and hum and chirp.  I don't know if I've mentioned it but being on campus this summer, even for the brief times between class and work, has been a balm.  It's going to be difficult when all of the students return and tramp all over everything.  I'm being completely selfish and wrong when I feel like I'm more entitled to enjoy the nature of it but I appreciate on it so hard every day I guess I do feel I've earned it.
European Contorted Filbert, Corylus avellana 'Contorta.'  
Also known as "Sir Harry Lauder's Walking Stick." UNL campus.
These branches are probably dead, but they look the most interesting.

Update: The whole time I was writing this I saw a woman through the trees sitting next to the silver tree.  When I walked by, it was apparent she was meditating.  College. :)

Also of note: I can now use my NCard to buy Runza and Planet Sub.  This is very welcome and dangerous news.

No comments: