Sunday, August 3, 2008

breaking up

I just cleaned up cat puke that consisted of the neatly severed head and body of a wasp in thick, viscous mucous.  
The human is a stupid animal in that the brain can override the body, which is why so many people get off on painful stuff (jogging, tattoos, piercings, writing papers, s&m, etc.) because it is taboo in regards to nature.  Maybe.  I'm just saying shit.  I guess what I wanted to acknowledge was that the human puking mechanism still works pretty well; it is admirable.  You can work through some injuries but vomiting is never something you can really halt once the body has decided it would like to.  
But then there's bulimia.
(just kidding we're not going there right now)

Yesterday and today I've told people at the bakery that I'm quitting (last day is the 24th).  R.'s being a drama queen about it and doing his same Mr. I-Know-All schtick that would be more annoying if he weren't usually right about things.  I told my main boss today and made him so sad he couldn't look at me.  I'm not exactly "sad" to be leaving since that place is a dirty rule-laced minefield of corporate smiles and serious threats for minor uniform infractions, in short, I am not "down."  But I do feel a sadness for the bakery folk, those sticky warriors, los guerillas del pan.  I'm honestly sad to be leaving them, and a place where I'm comfortable with the routine and the people recognize my effort and are kind to me.  

I'm waxing too long on simple emotions.  I have to write a five-page paper by 10:30 a.m. tomorrow and still have to read some stuff, best get MOVING.  But first I will eat, a scramble, it goes like: you sautee chopped onions and garlic in butter or olive oil, then you throw in hash browns and brown them while adding seasoning (i like salt, pepper, a little curry powder, and cumin; sometimes rosemary).  Then: you put sausage in and let that brown.  Then: you scramble hell of eggs up in it and top it with shredded cheddar cheese.  I WILL DIE OF A HEART ATTACK no I will truly die by drowning, I don't know why I know this, it is just a feeling I have.  The the sweet, peaceful death of water appeals too strongly to my lazy nature.  There are plenty of pocket-stones readily available.  etc.

No comments: